Monday, April 26, 2010

The Awl

Here's to taking chances. A few weeks ago I read two of Matthea Harvey's new poems in The Awl, a new New York magazine that is interested in politics, culture, and the arts. Harvey is easily my favorite poet writing today. I was quite enamored with her poems and other poems published in The Poetry Section. So I sent Mark Bibbins a couple poems on a whim and wish, not even sure if they take unsolicited submissions. And as it turns out, they don't. All the work has thus far been solicited. But, the lovely Mark liked my poems and has decided to publish them in The Awl in a few weeks. I am thrilled and can not help but think a little turtle that left this world and broke my heart, has something to do with all the great things that are happening to me.


Matthea Harvey's poems in The Awl: http://www.theawl.com/2010/04/the-poetry-section-two-poems-by-matthea-harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment